I am so excited to share that I will be going to Honduras to serve as a short-term full time missionary at the end of this year. I will be in Honduras from June 27th to December 8th. I will be working with Casa de Oracion Familiar and Children’s Cup doing administrative work and working with children and their families at care points. I will be working on connecting children with sponsors, while also interacting with them and teaching them about their importance and value that was given to them by the One who gave His life for them, Jesus Christ. I hope to help establish new activities at care points like a dance program to draw children in, off the street and into a place of safety.
What I Need
If you would like to help me get to Honduras, I will need a lot of prayer as I follow the calling I feel God has put on my life. Unfortunately, the cost of the trip is not as encouraging as the mission itself. For this trip I need to raise roughly $2,000 to cover my 1 time fees such as flights and initial mission fees. I also need to raise $1,500/month to cover housing, transportation, food, etc.
How You Can Help
I am doing multiple fundraisers in order to raise this money but am also asking for financial donations. I need to find spiritual sponsors who are willing to partner with me and stand behind me financially and prayerfully. I am looking for people who will commit to supporting me on a monthly basis. Whether you are able to commit to $100/month, $10/month, or you are only capable of making a one-time donation, your money will not go unnoticed or unappreciated.
How You Can Give and Support
· I need a lot of prayer! You can look at my Prayer Requests blog to see a list of general and specific prayer requests. I will be continuing to update this.
· You can participate in any of the fundraisers I am hosting. Please see my Fundraising blog or friend me on Facebook to stay updated on these.
· You can give financially. I need two types of financial donations. I need both monthly sponsors and I need one-time donations. There are three ways that you can give:
1. YouCanSend.Me has a giving option on the right hand side and uses PayPal so all transactions are secure. You can choose if you want to make a one-time donation or a reoccurring donation, which will perform the transaction on a selected day every month automatically for the desired amount of time. 100% of your money goes to me through this site. You can also write a message in the memo line.
2. You can mail me a check (if doing a one-time donation). Please contact me privately for my address as I don’t want to put it on the internet for anyone and everyone to see
3. If you would like for your donation(s) to be tax deductible, Haleius International Support (HIS), a non-profit organization, has agreed to partner with me and has set up a giving option on their website listed below. Please see the directions below if you would like to give this way.
https://www.aplos.com/aws/give/HISMissions/sponsor (Direct link) or http://hismissions.net (Home Page)
- Scroll down and click on the box that says ‘Sponsor Missionary’ on their home page
- You will have to enter some information about yourself (so that it can be tax deductible)
- Enter in the amount you want to give or sponsor and chose one time donation or reoccurring
- If it is a reoccurring transaction you can chose the date that you would like the automatic withdraw to occur every month. This automatic withdraw will start in July and the last withdraw will be in November. (You can do a second transaction if you would also like to donate for the extra half month that I am staying).
- Select ‘Cami Coupland’ from the drop down list
- Click the big blue button that says Sponsor a MissionaryPlease let me know if you are committing to a monthly sponsorship or a one-time donation.
Please take a look through my blogs to read more about what has lead me to feel the call to full time missions and more about my upcoming trip (more about where I am going and what I am doing). You can also find a blogs about the fundraisers I am doing. I will continue posting blogs while in Honduras so that you can keep up with my trip and see what your financial support is allowing me to do and enabling God to do during my time there. If you want to stay updated, you can sign up for email updates on the bottom right hand side. You will be updated every time I post a new blog. Feel free to comment on my blogs and send me encouragement or emails while I am serving.
Thank you so much for your support and prayer! I am so excited to see what God has planed for me and I am thrilled that you are going to partner with me on this journey!
“Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.”
1 John 3:18